I am a Virgo rising and I identify with it fully. Those who know a bit about astrology probably know that this means I live for lists. As a child, I had journals full of different lists — places I want to travel, my favorite celebrities, an ordered list of my favorite colors, etc. I was a really fun kid.
I think people are generally drawn to lists for a variety of reasons. Structure and organization are universally appealing & they are quick to skim and understand. They make reading and comprehension easy. Whenever I look for design-related articles, there is a serious difference between how far I get in an article with blocks of text vs. an article with a list format of the author’s points. Humans are lazy and I am no exception.
So as I was scouring the internet for inspiration for my next blog post, I realized that I could get really meta about this. I love lists, you love lists, we all love a good list. So why not make a blog post that is a list of my favorite design lists?
Behold — METALIST!
- 20 designers to follow on Instagram
- 5 common challenges Ux designers face and how to overcome them
- 11 common mistakes new UX designers make
- 7 best UX design books
- 8 top UX design trends for 2021
- 10 top UX/UI design trends for 2021
- 13 of the best app designs
- Meet the 10 most influential product designers of all time (so far)
- 10 UX/UI challenges for the uninspired (and unemployed) (sorry, shameless self-promotion.)
- A list of design concepts every UX/UI designer should learn (this is a list that has a TON more lists, this has become listception).